Our Team of Attorneys
Expert Legal Advice
- We perform all legal work in-house. We do not “farm out” legal work, such as patent searches and trademark searches, to third parties or independent contractors. This provides a higher quality work product and you do not have to worry about your invention or other trade secrets leaving our office.
- We are a one-stop-shop. We can assist you with all of your intellectual property law and business law needs, including foreign matters. We have experience and knowledge that goes far beyond just patents that allows us to take a comprehensive approach when counseling you regarding your ideas and business plans.
- We take the time. We want to understand your specific situation. Therefore, we take the time to listen to you and to answer your questions so you understand all of the options available to you.
- We take a team approach. We never want you to feel like you cannot contact us with your questions. When you call our office, there will always be someone available to help assist you.
- We are proactive. Our number one goal is to see you succeed. We provide the ongoing support you need to make your venture successful.
BRYAN L. LOEFFLER, ESQ.
Bryan’s experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications covers a variety of technologies ranging from simple mechanical devices to medical devices and computer software applications. Bryan also assists clients with protecting and enforcing their intellectual property rights, counseling clients on corporate matters, starting new businesses, manufacturing, and licensing.
Bryan received a Bachelor of Science with Honors from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and received a Juris Doctorate, also with Honors, Nova Southeastern University School of Law. Prior to founding Loeffler IP Group, Bryan worked as a partner at Livingston Loeffler, P.A. in Naples Florida and served at the Public Defender’s Office for the 20th Judicial Circuit of Florida.
Bryan has always been involved in serving the local community: first as an Eagle Scout, and also through his work as a former volunteer firefighter and emergency medical technician. He is involved with various charities and nonprofits throughout Southwest Florida.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Collier County Bar Association
- Lee County Bar Association
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Michael R.N. McDonnell American Inns of Court
- Entrepreneur Society of America
- National Eagle Scout Association
ERICA L. LOEFFLER, ESQ.
Erica graduated from Webster University with a degree in Business Management and received her legal education at Nova Southeastern University where she served as Articles Editor on Law Review and graduated Magna Cum Laude.
Erica enjoys working with business owners to expand their businesses throughout Florida and the rest of the country by guiding them through the franchising process, which includes protecting their business concepts as well as protecting their product names and business names through trademark/service mark law.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member
- Collier County Bar Association, Member
- Collier County Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Lee County Bar Association, Member
- Thomas S. Biggs American Inns of Court, Member
- Entrepreneur Society of America (ESOA), Member
- Small Business Resource Network (SBRN), Member
- Juris Doctor (Magna Cum Laude) – 2004
- Law Review: Nova Law Review, Articles Editor
- B.A. – 2000, with Honors
- Major: Business Management
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida | Florida, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida | Florida, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida | Florida, 2004
Erica is experienced in all aspects of the trademarking/service marking process including performing trademark/service mark searches and rendering opinions as to whether trademark/service mark protection is available for a mark as well as filing and prosecuting federal, State of Florida, and international trademark/service mark applications utilizing the Madrid Protocol and other foreign laws. Erica is also experienced in handling opposition and cancellation proceedings before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. In addition, Erica negotiates and prepares trademark/service mark licenses on behalf of her clients.
Erica prepares and files copyright applications for her clients in a variety of areas including artwork, manuscripts, websites, artwork, jewelry, musical works, movies, and computer software and is well versed in the laws regarding copyright infringement. Erica is also experienced in negotiating copyright licenses.
Erica has handled numerous litigation matters involving theft of trade secrets and is able to advise her clients how to protect trade secrets, which include client lists, formulas, devices, and so forth which are confidential and not generally known to the public or are not subject to protection under patent law.
Domain Name Disputes
Erica is experienced in handling domain name disputes under the rules promulgated by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
Erica assists her clients in the growth and expansion of their businesses into new territories through franchising. Erica is very knowledgeable in the laws of franchise which are governed by the Federal Trade Commission as well as by the individual states.
Intellectual Property Litigation
Erica is available to assist her clients in all aspects of intellectual property litigation and has previously handled litigation matters involving trademark/service mark infringement, counterfeiting, copyright infringement of building plans, websites, photographs, and artwork, contract disputes and theft of trade secrets.